Cheddington Playscheme is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Cheddington Playscheme
This Policy is to make sure you are fully aware of how we may use your personal information should you send your child to Cheddington Playscheme. It covers the areas set out below:
- How we collect information about you and any children who attend Cheddington Playscheme,
- How we use personal information,
- How long we keep personal information,
- Who we share personal information with,
- Where we process personal information,
- Our commitment to you,
- What rights you have over personal information.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
DATA SUBJECT’S RIGHTS
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you send your children to Cheddington Playscheme, we receive information about you and any children who attend Cheddington Playscheme when you:
- apply for, or we offer you, a place at Cheddington Playscheme
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use information that we have about you and your children for business purposes. These purposes generally fall into the following areas.
Administration – This applies to past, current and potential future children and their parents / guardians.
We use this information for the provision of child care.
The types of personal information we collect, and use include:
The personal details of your child;
The payment of fees due;
Details of the child’s Family (so we can contact you in case of an emergency)
Medical information (so we can cater for any special needs)
Keeping you informed – This applies to current, past and potential future children and their parents / guardians.
We use this information to keep you updated about events at Cheddington Playscheme (e.g. to let you know about events and changes to schedules).
The types of information we collect, and use include:
Email address. So we can email you updates.
(Note: This is optional, and you can opt out of receiving email updates at any time).
Details of all events and notices will always be posted on the Cheddington Playscheme website and Facebook page.
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are required to keep certain personal information including medication record books and accident record books pertaining to the children for at least 3 years after the child has left Cheddington Playscheme (sometimes much longer). This is in order to comply with legislation.
Application forms are retained for no longer than 28 days following the week applied for.
Destruction of application forms
• Non-sensitive information – will be placed in a normal rubbish bin
• Confidential information – will be cross cut shredded or burnt.
WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
Generally, we only use your information within Cheddington Playscheme. There are some occasions when we need to share personal information about you and / or your child with third parties. These are:
- We may on occasion use your personal information for the purposes of recovery of overdue fees.
- In case of an emergency, we may need to share with the emergency services details of your child including details of any medical conditions as provided to us by you.
- To contact you when we want to inform you about events at Cheddington Playscheme.
WHERE WE PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only store and use your personal information in the United Kingdom.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We will process your personal information in line with the EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means that we will:
- only collect and hold information about you which we need for some reason;
- keep your personal information up to date and accurate (to help us do this, please let us know if any of your details change);
- take appropriate steps to protect your personal information from being used without permission, or illegally, and to safeguard your rights; and
- destroy your personal information in a secure way once we no longer need it.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have certain rights over your personal information. Most importantly, you have a right to ask for a copy of all the personal information we hold about you but there are some legal exceptions to this, such as information which is confidential to Cheddington Playscheme. If you would like a copy of your personal information, you should contact email@example.com. We will process your request within 2 months. You may need to pay a small contribution to cover our administration costs.
When someone visits www.Cheddington Playscheme.co.uk we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The only cookie we use is Google Analytics. This allows us to measure and report statistics about user interactions on the website, so that we can improve it and make it more user friendly. You may delete and block all cookies from this site.
Details of the cookie we use can be found below:
|Cookie||Name||Purpose||Where to find out more|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Note: We do not share this information with 3rd parties.
PLATFORM SERVICES AND HOSTING
These services have the purpose of hosting and running key components of this Application, therefore allowing the provision of this Application from within a unified platform. Such platforms provide a wide range of tools to the Owner – e.g. analytics, user registration, commenting, database management, e-commerce, payment processing – that imply the collection and handling of Personal Data. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where the Personal Data are stored.
WordPress.com (Automattic Inc.)
WordPress.com is a platform provided by Automattic Inc. that allows the Owner to build, run and host this Website.