How often does Playscheme run?
Cheddington Playscheme runs for one week a year during the summer holidays.
Am I eligible for Playscheme?
To join us children need to be aged between 5 and 12 and either live in Cheddington or attend Cheddington School (Current year 6 and current year 7 are eligible).
- CHILDREN MUST REGISTER IN AND OUT OF EACH SESSION, COLLECTING AND WEARING THEIR NAME STICKER
- NO CHILD IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES WHILE A SESSION IS IN PROGRESS. IN THE CASE OF ILLNESS/INJURY, PARENTS/CARERS WILL BE CONTACTED AND, IF NECESSARY, ASKED TO COLLECT THE CHILD
- CHILDREN MUST NOT BRING IN THEIR OWN TOYS OR EQUIPMENT UNLESS TOLD BY THE ORGANISERS THAT THEY MAY DO SO FOR A PARTICULAR ACTIVITY. IN THIS CASE EACH ITEM MUST BE CLEARLY NAMED
- MOBILE PHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE PLAYSCHEME
- IN CASE OF FIRE CHILDREN SHOULD MAKE FOR THE NEAREST EXIT AND ASSEMBLE IN THE PLAYGROUND WHERE THE REGISTER WILL BE CALLED
- WE ENCOURAGE CHILDREN TO BEHAVE IN A POLITE AND CONSIDERATE MANNER TOWARDS OTHER CHILDREN AND TOWARDS ADULT LEADERS.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REQUEST WITHDRAWAL OF A CHILD FROM THE SCHEME IF HIS/HER BEHAVIOUR IS CONSIDERED NOT ACCEPTABLE
Do I have to attend all 5 days?
No, you can book as many or as little days at PlayScheme as you like.
You don’t need to book consecutive days either.
Monday – Thursday
10:00 – 12:30, 13:30 – 16:00
Children must be collected and taken off the premises at lunchtime Monday to Thursday
10:00 – 15:00
Signing in, out and lunchtimes?
Children must sign in and out of each session at PlayScheme. Name stickers must be worn at all times.
Children must be collected and taken off the premises at lunchtime Monday to Thursday.
On Friday we organise a BBQ before the waterfight.
What to wear at PlayScheme?
You should wear comfortable clothes, that are old or you don’t mind getting dirty.
Some of the activities (like Tye-Dye T-Shirts) use materials that may not come off your clothes!
If it is sunny, you might want to bring a hat and suncream. If it is raining, you might need a raincoat!
Where do I keep my things at PlayScheme?
You will have a named basket at PlayScheme where you can store all your crafts and belongings.
Please make sure the boxes stay in alphabetical order, as this makes them easier to find!
What to bring on Friday for the Waterfight?
On Friday, after lunch (weather permitting) we usually have a water fight!
Please bring a swimming costume and spare set of clothes, perhaps a towel and a change of footwear.
You will also need your water pistol or something to use in the water fight! Please make sure this has your full name on it.
How do I take all my crafts home?
We no longer provide plastic bags as we are trying to be conscious of the environment.
Please bring a reusable bag to take home everything you have made!
We often have a ‘design your own tote bag’ activity, with the idea you use your PlayScheme bag for this purpose!
Lost & found?
We do our best to ensure all crafts and/or belongings are returned to their owner!
It’s often easier if they have a name label. If we are unable to find a name we place these items into a lost property area at the front of the hall, during PlayScheme week.
If the crafted items have not been claimed at the end of the week, unfortunately we cannot keep them.
If a personal item has been lost, we keep these for a short period of time. If they are not claimed they are donated to charity. Please contact us if you have lost an item.