2 cups of Plain Flour
1 cup of table salt
1 cup of water
- Mix the flour and the salt together and then stir in the water.
- Knead the dough together adding small drops of extra water if necessary to
make a smooth dough.
- Turn the dough onto a clear surface and continue to knead it for about 10
minutes by which time the dough should be warm, soft and pliable.
- If possible it is best to let the dough stand for approximately 20 minutes before
beginning a project. Unused dough can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight
container or cling film, for up to a week
- Drying can either be done naturally in the open air, or it can be baked in an
oven. However it is not recommended that you have your oven hotter than 100C
(200F/Gas Mark 1/4) as this can cause unsightly bubbles and cracks in your
pastry. The drying time needed for each piece varies according to size and
thickness, but an average time for natural drying is 30-48 hours, whilst oven
times are generally reduced to 3-4 hours.